Invest in Peace of Mind.
Our homes have survived the worst hurricanes on record.
Deltec’s round hurricane-resistant homes are designed to work WITH nature, not against it.
What does hurricane preparedness look like?
It’s not all dim lights and concrete bunkers. Our high-performance aerodynamic homes are architecturally distinctive with beautiful 360-degree views.
Order a Free Booklet
Designed for strength, durability and energy-efficiency.
Invest in Superior Engineering
Invest in Superior Construction
Round homes perform better in hurricanes – by design.
- Wind can’t build up enough pressure on any side to cause a structural failure.
- Optimum roof pitch (6/12) for wind deflection and reduced lift.
- Circular structure transfers environmental loads most efficiently.
- Radial floor & roof trusses work like spokes on a wheel.
- Energy from sustained winds is dispersed instead of building up in a single area.
- Machine rated 2400 psi framing lumber used in trusses and walls is twice as strong as typical framing material.
- Five Ply 5/8” plywood sheathing used instead of OSB on exterior walls, roof and floor strengthens the home and prevents flying debris from penetrating the structure.
- Reinforced windows with impact glass prevent wind and water from entering the home.
- Oversized truss hangers keep roof system anchored to walls.
- Walls have multiple construction ties to the floor system for structural stability and to transfer shear forces.
- Continuous metal strapping from roof trusses to foundation helps maintain structural stability.
- Solar energy options may be incorporated into home to provide power and hot water in the event of a prolonged power outage.
- Enhanced insulation maintains a balanced temperature inside the home.
- Reflective metal roof helps reduce radiant heat gain in the home.
- Passive solar design helps heat and cool the building through appropriate window placement.
A dramatic look at Deltec Homes before and after notable hurricanes.
2022 Hurricane Ian
Pine Island, FL
Winds of 150mph
2019 Hurricane Dorian
Scotland Cay, Bahamas
Winds of 185mph
2018 Hurricane Michael
Mexico Beach, Florida
Winds of 160mph
2017 Hurricane Harvey
Winds of 130mph
2017 Hurricane Irma
St. John, US Virgin Islands
Winds of 185mph
1996 Hurricane Fran
North Topsail Beach, NC
Winds of 120mph
DESIGN your DREAM HOME
You can customize your Deltec to make it uniquely yours. Select your size, from 300 square feet to 2,500. Add one, two or three stories, or connect different-sized models.
Every round Deltec home is free from interior load-bearing walls, so the creative possibilities are endless.
All 26 Deltecs on Black’s Island—an intimate private island resort in Florida’s St. Joseph Bay—survived multiple catastrophic hurricanes, including Hurricane Michael.
This is who we are
Deltec has been in business for 55 years and has built high-performance homes in all 50 states and over 30 countries. We are a third-generation family-owned company based in Asheville, NC.
Deltec connects with homeowners on a regular basis—specifically before and after any major hurricane. Homeowners provide invaluable feedback so we can continuously improve our homes.
Since 2016 we have been Certified B-Corporation, a rigorous designation that meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.